Thanks to Tony N. for supplying this link!
Benjamin Franklin quotes:
- All Wars are Follies, very expensive, and very mischievous ones. When will Mankind be convinced of this, and agree to settle their Differences by Arbitration? Were they to do it, even by the Cast of a Dye, it would be better than by Fighting and destroying each other.
- Letter to Mary Hewson, Jan. 27. 1783
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.
- Letter to Josiah Quincy (11 September 1783)
- I’ve lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing Proofs I see of this Truth — That God governs in the Affairs of Men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his Notice, is it probable that an Empire can rise without his Aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that except the Lord build the House they labor in vain who build it. I firmly believe this, — and I also believe that without his concurring Aid, we shall succeed in this political Building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our Projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall become a Reproach and Bye word down to future Ages.
- Speech to the Constitutional Convention (28 June 1787); Manuscript notes by Franklin preserved in the Library of Congress.
War! What is it good for? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, — if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.
Al Gore owned by Communist Armor Hammer? And has BIG interest in Libyan oil!!! OMG>>>>>>
It’s really crazy when Russia stands down from military engagement, yet the warmongers of the USA are leading the pack! Wonder how much longer it will be before the UN wars upon the USA???